|Image via Pinterest|
I don't know about the rest of you lovely lot, but pretty much everything I learnt about skincare, make-up and generally looking after yourself, was from my wonderful mum. As a child I was actually pretty darn obsessed with beauty, I used to practice with my mum's old make up, recreating looks from magazines (including one hideous 'frosty' eye look). Actually I'm pretty sure that my conjunctivitus as a child was from getting so much old eyeshadow into my peepers.
Anyway, I digress. I just thought it would be nice to share some of the knowledge and little tips which I have picked up over the years from a rather lovely lady. Thanks Mum!
1. Baby lotion is a dream for taking your make-up off
- Yep, forget your fancy hot-cloth cleansers. Baby lotion gets rid of every scrap of make-up, its gentle, moisturising and smells so comforting. And it's incredibly cheap!
2. Drink water. Lots of it!
-Don't really think I need to elaborate on this one, do I?
3. Girly pampering sessions are the best
- Grab a face mask, do your nails, watch a chick flick. Always better done with another female.
4. Always blend your eyeliner
- Learnt the hard way with this one, and did go round with big, black rings encircling my eyes for some time. Blend, blend, blend. Subtley smoky is always a good look.
And even one from my Dad!:
5. Stop touching your face!
-True, this stops you from spreading oil and gems which are inevitably going to cause spots.
Its simple advice, but it works! What beauty tips did you inherit from your mums? xx